Are you ready for an adventure into the wild and wonderful world of Cornwall’s wildlife? Look no further because Cornwall Wildlife Tours is here to take you on an unforgettable journey through the natural wonders of this beautiful region!
We’re a bunch of passionate nature enthusiasts who can’t get enough of the stunning landscapes and diverse wildlife that Cornwall has to offer. We love sharing our knowledge and experiences with fellow wildlife lovers like you!
Cornwall is known for its diverse and abundant wildlife. Here are some highlights of Cornwall’s wildlife:
- Cornwall Wildlife Trust: The Cornwall Wildlife Trust is a charitable organization founded in 1962 that is dedicated to the conservation and preservation of Cornwall’s wildlife, geology, and habitats. They manage over 50 nature reserves covering approximately 4,300 acres.
- Nature Reserves: Cornwall is home to numerous nature reserves that provide habitats for a wide range of wildlife. These reserves are managed by organizations like the Cornwall Wildlife Trust and offer opportunities for birdwatching, wildlife spotting, and exploring diverse ecosystems.
- Marine Life: Cornwall’s coastal waters are teeming with marine life. Visitors can spot basking sharks, minke whales, bottlenose dolphins, sunfish, and even humpback whales. Boat tours and sea safaris are available for wildlife enthusiasts to get up close to these magnificent creatures.
- Seabirds: Cornwall’s cliffs and coastal areas are important breeding grounds for seabirds. Species such as puffins, razorbills, guillemots, and gannets can be observed nesting and fishing along the coastline.
- Rare Species: Cornwall is home to several rare and protected species. The Cornish chough, a distinctive red-legged crow, has made a successful comeback in Cornwall after being extinct in the region for nearly 30 years. Other rare species include the silver-studded blue butterfly and the marsh fritillary butterfly.
- Hidden Gems: Cornwall has some hidden gems that offer unique wildlife experiences. Pedn Vounder Beach, for example, is considered one of the most beautiful and secluded beaches in the UK. It is surrounded by cliffs and turquoise waters and is home to a variety of seabirds and marine life.
Wild Encounters Cornwall
We offer a range of exciting tours that cater to everyone, whether you’re a seasoned birdwatcher, a curious beginner, or just someone who appreciates the great outdoors. Here are some of our popular tours:
- Birdwatcher’s Paradise: Join us on this birdwatching extravaganza as we seek out some of Cornwall’s rarest and most beautiful avian residents. From charming songbirds to majestic raptors, get your binoculars ready for an awe-inspiring birding experience!
- Coastal Safari: Explore the rugged coastline and discover the marine wonders that call it home. Look out for playful seals, dolphins gracefully leaping in the waves, and if you’re lucky, you might even spot a glimpse of a friendly basking shark!
- Woodland Wonders: Venture deep into ancient woodlands, where a myriad of woodland creatures awaits you. Keep an eye out for elusive red squirrels, wild deer, and the occasional adorable hedgehog!
- Wildflower Walks: For the flora enthusiasts, our wildflower walks will take you to meadows filled with colorful blooms. Learn about the native plants and their importance in supporting Cornwall’s ecosystem.
We take immense pride in our team of expert guides who are not only knowledgeable about Cornwall’s wildlife but are also super friendly and approachable. They’re like the wildlife encyclopedia you always wanted to have on hand!
Conservation and Sustainability
At Cornwall Wildlife Tours, we are dedicated to promoting conservation and sustainability. We believe in responsible tourism that leaves a positive impact on the environment and supports local communities. During our tours, we follow ethical wildlife viewing practices and make sure to leave no trace behind.
How to Book
Booking your Laird Events Tour is as easy as spotting a seagull on the beach! You can visit our website and choose from our list of available tours. If you have any specific questions or preferences, feel free to give us a call, and our friendly team will be more than happy to assist you. So, what are you waiting for? Grab your camera, pack your binoculars, and join us on a memorable adventure through Cornwall’s untamed landscapes and captivating wildlife.