If you’re a Harry Potter fan and find yourself in London, there’s no better way to immerse yourself in the wizarding world than by going on a Harry Potter walking tour. London is filled with magical locations that inspired J.K. Rowling’s beloved series, and this tour will take you on a whimsical journey through the city’s hidden gems. Get ready to step into the shoes of Harry, Hermione, and Ron as we explore the magical side of London!
- Platform 9¾: Your adventure begins at King’s Cross Station, where you can attempt to run through the barrier at Platform 9¾, just like Harry did. Don’t forget to take a photo with the trolley disappearing into the wall!
- Leadenhall Market (Diagon Alley): Enter the enchanting Leadenhall Market, which served as the inspiration for Diagon Alley in the movies. You’ll be surrounded by charming shops selling wizarding goods, and the architecture will transport you straight to the magical world.
- Millennium Bridge: Recall the spine-chilling scene from “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” as we walk across the Millennium Bridge, which the Death Eaters destroyed in the opening of the film.
- The Ministry of Magic: While we can’t guarantee entry to the real Ministry of Magic (it’s hidden from Muggles, after all!), we’ll visit the picturesque Great Scotland Yard, which was used as a filming location for the Ministry in the movies.
- Grimmauld Place: Stand in front of the imposing 12 Grimmauld Place, the ancestral home of the Black family and the headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix. You might even catch a glimpse of Kreacher lurking in the windows!
- Westminster Tube Station: Remember the iconic flying car scene in “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets”? We’ll visit the Westminster Tube Station, where Arthur Weasley’s flying Ford Anglia took to the skies.
- Borough Market (The Leaky Cauldron): Explore the bustling Borough Market, believed to be the inspiration behind the Leaky Cauldron. It’s the perfect spot to grab a bite of magical treats.
- Harry Potter Shop at Platform 9¾: End the tour with a visit to the official Harry Potter Shop, where you can find an array of merchandise and souvenirs to commemorate your magical adventure.
- Duration: The tour typically lasts around 2 to 3 hours, depending on the group size and pace.
- Meeting Point: The tour usually starts at King’s Cross Station, near the iconic Platform 9¾ sign.
- Booking: It’s recommended to book the tour in advance to secure your spot, especially during peak tourist seasons.
- Attire: Comfortable walking shoes are a must, as we’ll be strolling through the city streets. Feel free to dress up as your favorite character if you’re in the mood!
- Weather: London weather can be unpredictable, so be sure to check the forecast and bring an umbrella or raincoat, just in case.
- Guides: Knowledgeable and enthusiastic guides will lead you on the tour, sharing behind-the-scenes stories and interesting facts about the Harry Potter filming locations.
- Accessibility: The walking tour covers various parts of London, and while the guides do their best to make it accessible to everyone, certain areas may have limited accessibility.
Remember, you don’t need a Hogwarts acceptance letter to experience the magic of Harry Potter in London. So grab your wand, don your invisibility cloak (figuratively, of course), and get ready for an enchanting journey through the wizarding world on this Harry Potter walking tour in the heart of London!